- BAS AGENTS are able to advise, interpret, and work with clients completing the BAS Provision obligations.
- BAS AGENTS have access to ATO tools and resources and preferential contact points.
- BAS AGENTS have Professional Indemnity Insurance
- BAS AGENTS must continually update their knowledge and competence through continuing education.
- People who are not registered as BAS Agents must NOT: advise, represent the client, interpret the legal application of tax for a client, provide tax advice or assistance, be relied on for their tax advice or assistance.
- A person may be in a business where they are subject to necessary supervisory arrangements by another registered agent
- Non-BAS Agents can provide bookkeeping services but not GST or BAS Expertise.
Click here to check if your Bookkeeper is currently registered with The Tax Practitioners Board.